The Catalyst is a new initiative by the KU School of Business and the Bioscience and Technology Business Center that provides a launching platform for students to start their own businesses. Open to all students at KU, the business accelerator will provide qualified student teams with resources critical to startup launch success.
To apply, please contact Wally Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Office Space - flexible space in a high-tech, innovative environment at the BTBC and the new KU School of Business
- Mentoring - access to seasoned entrepreneurs and domain experts to guide and coach teams
- Education - teams will be immersed in the Lean LaunchPad approach, utilized at leading edge institutions
- Prototyping - rapid product/service prototyping using the MVP approach
- Access to Capital - connecting teams to funding via grant opportunities, angels and business plan competitions
The KU Center for Entrepreneurship can assist you in meeting the above criteria.
- An existing business plan
- Customer validation of concept
- Demonstration of commitment
- Evidence of passion and tenacity
- Dedicated team
- Financial investment (personal capital contribution)
To maintain standing, participants must complete the Development and Validation Phases within the first 12 months.
Development Phase (within 9 months)
- Upgrade existing business plan to Lean LaunchPad Plan format
- Prepare full financial model and ROI analysis
- Produce prototype
- Secure IP (provisional patent)
- Develop investor presentation
Validation Phase (within 12 months)
- Market testing – small scale production for proof of concept
- Estimate valuation
- Secure seed funding
- Acquire real customers